There is no point in denying that smartphones have become an integral part of lives. Right from booking a film ticket to watching live shows everything is now done on a smartphone. In fact, the smartphone has already started proving itself as a formidable alternative for DSLR, especially when it comes to casual photography. However, our overindulgence in smartphones has caused some adverse effects that need to be addressed.
Phone life balance has been a talking point and Motorola along with Nokia have been running ad campaigns aimed at helping smartphone users realize the importance of the same. The Light Phone 2 is an active attempt at helping smartphone users get off the hook and break their dependency on their phones. The Light Phone 2 has been described as a “dumb phone.” The phone can be used only for a select few tasks and nothing beyond that.
The Light Phone 2 is the size of the credit card and it is designed so that you can leave your normal phone behind and still have a way of communicating with people in cases of dire need. That being said the Light Phone 2 still supports 4G LTE and comes equipped with a black and white matte E-ink Display. The device supports other features like messaging, alarm clock and a normal unlocked SIM slot for GSM calling.
Also Read: The Substitute Phone is Here to Help you Kick Smartphone Addiction and Reclaim your Life
The Light Phone 2 is currently in a prototype stage and is part of an ongoing campaign on Indiegogo. Controlling the device is pretty straightforward, thanks to the two toggle keys on the side of the phone. I personally feel that the Light Phone 2 or the likes of it will shape up as a perfect alternative for senior citizens. The phone is seemingly very easy to use and is handy for old people who want to steer away from the convoluted smartphone quagmire. Interestingly, the phone is also expected to support simple GPS navigation options along with future scope for integrating music playlist and voice commands. If you are on a quest to kick your smartphone addiction adieu, then the Light Phone 2 might be the best bet. Indiegogo pledges start from $250 and this will include a charging cable.
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)